About LCHS

The Little Compton Historical Society was incorporated in 1937 to preserve the history and cultural heritage of Little Compton for the enrichment and enjoyment of the general public. The Society fulfills this mission by:

  • Maintaining and restoring selected local sites of historical significance including the Wilbor House property dating from 1690 and the early 19th century Friends Meeting House;
  • Collecting, conserving and interpreting historical documents and objects linked to the houses, farms, and families of Little Compton;
  • Conducting education and outreach programs and issuing publications to share information and stimulate interest in the area’s history.

Contact us at 401-635-4035 or lchistory@littlecompton.org